Connect Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server) to OBIEE Reports - Step-by-Step User Guide
Modified on: Wed, 20 May, 2020 at 5:56 AM
The following is a general tutorial for connecting from Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server) to OBIEE using ODBC with BI Connector Desktop Edition.
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server).
- Install BI Connector Desktop Edition for Microsoft Power BI on your PC. (Refer to Step-by-Step Installation Guide for BI Connector Desktop Edition for Microsoft PowerBI)
Launch Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server). Select 'Get Data' option.
In the Get Data dialog, select ODBC and click connect.
- Choose the DSN connecting to OBIEE Reports that you configured after installing BI Connector.
- Click Ok button.
- Enter the credentials and click Connect.
Now you can create the reports required.
Click on the Database name to connect to the required database.
- On Successful Connection, a Report will be displayed if you provide a path of a particular report or a list of Reports will be displayed if you provide a path of the folder. You can Select the Report from the list also.
- The list of Reports will be displayed just like a Table. Select a report and click on load.
Drag and drop or select one or more fields to the join area.
Choose the desired visualization and you have now successfully created your first Power BI Visualization for OBIEE reports data.
- After creating the report, navigate to File and choose Save As, and select Power BI Report Server.
- Enter the URL of the Report Server, and click Save.
- The report shows up in your Report Server.
Now that we have seen how to connect Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server) to OBIEE Reports, you may also want to see how to configure scheduled refresh for the reports in the Power BI Report Server.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?