- Microsoft Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server).
- Install BI Connector Desktop Edition for Microsoft Power BI on your PC. (Refer to Step-by-Step Installation Guide for BI Connector Desktop Edition for Microsoft PowerBI)
Launch Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server). Select 'Get Data' option.
In the Get Data dialog, select ODBC and click connect.
- Choose the DSN connecting to OBIEE Subject Areas that you configured after installing BI Connector.
- Click Ok button.
- Enter the credentials and click Connect.
Now you can create the reports required.
On successful connection,Click on the Database name and connect to the required database.
Now the list of Subject Areas configured for the DSN will be displayed. Select a Subject Area from the list.
Select one or more tables from the list and click on Load button.
In the reporting canvas, just drag and drop the columns from the fact and dimension tables.
- After creating the report, navigate to File and choose Save As, and select Power BI Report Server.
- Enter the URL of the Report Server, and click Save.
- The report shows up in the Report Server for your access.
Now that we have seen how to connect Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server) to OBIEE Subject Areas, you may also want to see how to configure scheduled refresh for the reports in the Power BI Report Server.