BI Connector's Filter option helps in quicker search and faster access minimizing the waiting time for loading OBIEE SubjectArea / Reports in Tableau / QlikSense.
Filter text box in BI Connector UI is used to filter the list of OBIEE SubjectArea / Reports.
Step 1: Open ODBC Administrator and select the DSN configured for to use BI Connector.
Step 2: In the Filter text box, enter the part or full name of the OBIEE Subject Area/Report with which you want to connect to in Tableau / Qlik Sense as shown below and click OK.
If you want to give more than one filter criteria, enter all of them separated by commas. Eg: test, sample, union
Step 3: Open Tableau / Qliksense and connect to Other Databases (ODBC) using the above same DSN.
- Step 4a: If you are using Tableau, Select Database and then select the search option (search lens) in Schema drop-down box. OBIEE Subject Areas/Reports name which contains the text that is entered in Filter text box at Step 2 only will be listed.
- Step 4b: If you are using QlikSense, Select Database and then select the owner drop-down box. OBIEE Reports name which contains the text that is entered in Filter text box at Step 2 only will be listed.
By this way, you can quickly access to OBIEE Subject Area / Reports in Tableau. Also, using Preload Metadata feature will help instill faster access.
- If you want to change the filter criteria, you need to follow the above steps again from Step 1.
- You can also use " * " if you want to get the complete list of the schema.
- Filter text doesn't apply to preloading metadata. Despite filter text, all the data source list will be loaded in cache.