From BI Connector v5.3, the Server administrator can set up email notifications for report failures in the Server. This feature will help the Server administrator identify and fix the errors proactively before the users detect them.
Please follow the below steps to configure the notifications in your server machine:
1. Open “ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit)” and click on the “Configure...” button of the DSN created for connecting Tableau or Power BI or Qlik with OBIEE.
4. Click OK and Close BI connector Dialog box.
1. Your server machine must have internet access to configure and send the email notifications.
2. This option is only available in the Server edition. This will not be available for the Desktop edition.
3. All the report failure notifications (of all the users) will be sent to the email configured. The emails cannot be configured based on the individual users.
4. If the "Send Notifications on Report Failures (For Server)" option is not accessible, it might be that the server machine does not have an active internet connection / blocked by the proxy or firewall settings.