You need BI Connector v3.1 (or higher version) to connect from Power BI to OBIEE. Please check the version of your BI Connector.
After installing BI Connector v3.1 or higher and if BI Connector does not show up in your Power BI Desktop Get Data screen, Please check the following:
- Close Power BI Desktop.
- Launch Windows File Explorer
- If you are using Windows 10 machine, click on "This PC -> Documents" from your left side navigation pane. If you are using Windows 7, click on "Library -> Documents" from your left side navigation pane.
- Check if there is "..\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors\BIConnector.mez" or "..\Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors\BIConnector.mez" file inside Documents folder. If it exists, proceed to Step 6.
- If the above-mentioned folder/file does not exist, navigate to BI Connector installation path, say "C:\Program Files\BI Connector" and run "copy_powerbi_Mez.bat" batch file. This will copy the missing file into the documents folder.
- Now Launch Power BI Desktop.
- Open the Options screen in Power BI
- Select Preview features.
- Check Custom Data connectors.
- Click on Ok.
- Close Power BI Desktop and relaunch it.
- You will now see BI Connector on the list.