BI Connector follows an agile development model. Therefore, we make frequent releases of BI Connector loaded with new features, bug fixes etc. Please follow the following steps if you already have an existing release of BI Connector on your PC or Server, and would like to update to the latest version (including the Subject Area + Reports connector).
1. Close Tableau or Power BI.
2. Uninstall the existing BI Connector
In your PC —> Go to Control Panel , Programs / Software , Uninstall BI Connector.
- For Tableau to OBIEE connector, download the latest release of BI Connector from Free Trial page.
- For Power BI to OBIEE connector, download the beta version from here.
- For Tableau to MicroStrategy connector, download the beta version from here.
4. Install BI Connector on your PC/Server using the steps in the following:
- Installation guide for BI connector Desktop Edition for Tableau - OBIEE.
- Installation guide for BI connector Server Edition for Tableau - OBIEE.
- Installation guide for BI connector Power BI - OBIEE Edition.
- Installation guide for BI connector Tableau - MicroStrategy Edition.
5. If you are using Tableau - OBIEE connector, verify if the OBIEE-ODBC DSN that you created earlier exists. If not, recreate a new DSN for your OBIEE connection using ODBC Data Sources.
- To configure the DSN for OBIEE Subject Area, use the User Guide for connecting to OBIEE Subject Area.
- If you are looking to create a new DSN for OBIEE reports, please follow the steps in the User Guide for connecting to OBIEE reports. Launch Tableau and connect to OBIEE using Other Data Sources --> OBIEE DSN
7. If you are using Tableau - MicroStrategy connector, use the following user guide to connect to MicroStrategy.