You need BI Connector v3.1 (or higher version) to connect from Power BI to OBIEE. Please check the version of your BI Connector.
After installing BI Connector v3.1 or higher and if BI Connector does not show up in your Power BI Desktop Get Data screen, Please check the following:
- Close Power BI Desktop.
- Launch Windows File Explorer
- Click on Documents
- Check if there is a folder named "Microsoft Power BI Desktop". If it exists, proceed to Step 11
- If the Microsoft Power BI Desktop folder does not exist, download the Microsoft Power BI Desktop.zip file from here. This file contains BI Connector custom connector metadata information for Power BI. It is not a zip file of Power BI.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to the Documents folder.
- Right click on the Microsoft Power BI Desktop.zip file. Select Extract All.
- Extract the file into the Documents folder.
- You should now see a Microsoft Power BI Desktop folder in the Documents folder.
- If you double click on this folder, you should see a folder called Custom Connectors. If you double click on this folder, you should see a file called BIConnector.mez.
- Launch Power BI Desktop.
- Open the Options screen in Power BI
- Select Preview features.
- Check Custom Data connectors.
- Click on Ok.
- Close Power BI Desktop and relaunch it.
- You will now see BI Connector in the list.