Following is a general tutorial for connecting from Power BI to OBIEE Reports using BI Connector Desktop Edition for Power BI - OBIEE (currently in Beta).
- Follow the Step-by-Step Installation Guide for BI Connector Desktop Edition for Microsoft PowerBI to install and configure BI Connector in your PC.
- If you are using Microsoft Power BI Desktop June 2017 update or later, please refer to the following article to enable BI Connector in the Power BI Desktop.
Step 1: Launch Power BI. Select Get Data option.
Alternately, You can select Get Data Option ,
Step 2: In the Get Data dialog, scroll down and select BI Connector.
Step 3: Click Connect and BI Connector dialog pops up.
Step 4: Next, enter server information,
- Enter the server name for your OBIEE instance with port.
- Ex: http://guidanz.cloudapp.net:8888
- In Features drop down box, select Reports.
- In SSO drop down box,
- Select Default option if you want to connect to OBIEE's default SSO option or,
- Select None if you want to connect to OBIEE without SSO.
- In Subject Area/Report's Name text box,
- Enter the partial or full name of the report to search for. Enter multiple report names separated by commas to search for multiple reports.
- Select Direct Query radio button.
Click OK Button.
Step 5: Click on the Database name to connect to the required database.
Step 6: On Successful Connection, the list of Reports will be displayed. Select the Report from the list .
step 7: The list of Reports will be displayed just like a Table. Select a report and click on load.
step 8:Drag and drop or select one or more fields to the join area.
Step 9: Choose the desired visualization and you have now successfully created your first Power BI Visualization for OBIEE reports data.