How do I configure BI Connector in ODBC Data Source Administrator UI?
Modified on: Tue, 10 Oct, 2017 at 11:15 AM
After you install BI Connector in your PC, BI Connector will prompt if you would like to launch the ODBC Data Source Administrator UI. Click Ok to launch the ODBC Data Source Administrator UI. You should see the ODBC Data Sources Administrator UI as shown below. You will be configuring BI Connector as a ODBC Data Source (DSN) for Tableau in this UI. Follow the step-by-step instructions below for configuring BI Connector as a Tableau Data Source:
To open ODBC Console, search for ODBC in the Windows Search. Choose ODBC Data Source (64 bit).
1. In the ODBC Data Source Administrator UI, click on Add in User DSN (preferred) or System DSN.
2. Select BI Connector Driver and click on Finish
3. Enter the OBIEE information in the BI Connector screen, test it, and enter the license info.
Input the following information.
- Give a name to your Data Source, e.g., My First OBIEE Connect.
- Give a description of the Data Source, e.,g My first OBIEE test connection.
- Select "Subject Areas'' radio button.
Enter the Server Name for your OBIEE instance. The server name would come from the URL that you use to access the OBIEE Answers in your organization. If your OBIEE URL is "https://obieedev.mycompany.com/analysis/saw.dll", you should enter "https://obieedev.mycompany.com" in the Server Name field.
Enter the OBIEE URL port in the Port field. This is typically:
- If your OBIEE URL starts with http:// and does not have a port number, then port number is typically 80.
- If your OBIEE URL starts with http:// and has a port number (e.g., 9704), then use that port number (e.g., 9704).
- If your OBIEE URL starts with https:// and does not have a port number, then port number is typically 443.
- If your OBIEE URL starts with https:// and has a port number (e.g., 9804), then use that port number (e.g., 9804).
- If you are using Single Sign-on(SSO) in your organization, please check this field.
- Enter your OBIEE username in User Id field. This is the userid that you would normally use to log in to OBIEE Answers. Do not use the Admin username.
- Enter your OBIEE password in Password field.
Click on Test connection to verify the connection to OBIEE.
If you still have trouble getting to the BI Connector screen, please submit a ticket. We will follow-up with you to help you through the installation and configuration.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.